Not because I’m inexperienced, but because I don’t know absolutely everything, I need clergy. Everyone needs something different, of course, and I’ve decided to express my own needs, somewhat jokingly, as a job posting.
Magick From Scratch is looking for honest, reliable Polytheist clergy with excellent social skills, to be paid on an hourly basis.
Clergy Job Responsibilities:
Live, in-person or online sessions, discussing spiritual issues, performing evocations, doing divinations, and familiarity with spiritual issues common to Polytheists.
Clergy Job Requirements:
- Fluent in several ways of expressing the same concept
- Understands religious dogmas and beliefs as languages
- Understands emotions as being the responsibility of the human or deity having said emotions
- Familiarity with Greek and Roman Pantheons — knows the differences between them
- Understands what deities value, rather than having memorized the favorite food or hat size of each one
- Passionately supports a culture of consent
- Has had at least one negative encounter with a deity, and has peacefully resolved said encounter in some way that did not involve either submission or calling a higher authority as the main tactic for conflict resolution.
- Ability to understand not just which techniques do what, but what makes them tick
- Values humans as sacred beings in their own right
- Values Hospitality as a sacred virtue, and sees Hospitality and Inclusion as being deeply related.
Kindness, empathy, psychic acuity, sense of humor, problem solving skills